has taken their DuraSoft Polymer (DSP) technology, known for its durability, shock absorption, and unique feel, and rolled it into the DSP Grips. The DSP Grip fuses Lizard Skins' lock tape technology with the exclusive DuraSoft Polymer material. DSP grips are available in 8 colors (black, white, blue, red, pink, green, yellow, orange) and two thicknesses (30.3 millimeters or 32.3 millimeters – installed diameter). The grips are all 5.1 inches long with a claimed weight (including grips, plugs and double sided tape) of around an ounce. They should be available around October of 2013 with a suggested retail of $29.99.
The lock tape technology utilizes a unique installation process that is exclusive to Lizard Skins. Here is how it works:
1. Clean handlebar thoroughly with isopropyl alcohol before installing grips (bar must be dry before installing double sided tape).
2. Remove backing from double sided tape (supplied).
3. Apply double sided tape on clean handlebar leaving ¼ inch of double sided tape extending past the end of the bar.
4. Tuck the ¼ inch of double sided tape into the end of the handlebar.
5. Spray glass cleaner directly onto the double sided tape and into the inside of the DSP grip.
6. After spraying glass cleaner, twist grip onto the handlebar. This will require a little bit of effort.
7. Wait until glass cleaner dries before riding with the grip.