LENDING A HELPING HAND
I recently had the pleasure of meeting my new friend Austin. Unfortunately, Austin was born with cerebral palsy and is currently destitute, as well as his family. I am not a man of much means, but Austin drools over my bikes. We would love to be able to ride together, but clearly a pedal-powered bike will not do. He typically uses crutches to get around, so a three-wheeled, hand-powered bike that could carry his backpack and crutches would be ideal. An electric assist would be necessary as well, considering hills. Currently, I’ve not been able to find a trike that would suit his needs, which made me think about building a trike for him and others in his same scenario. I’m asking for your help. Please help Austin ride a bike with me. Crowdfunding will definitely be a crucial part of this plan, but I know the bike community will be able to pool its resources and fill this gap in technology. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Jon hopefully this gets the ball rolling for you guys. If all goes well and you find a bike and eventually go riding with Austin please send us some photos. Keep Riding!
Mountain Trike USA’s Electric All-Terrain Trike
Bike info provided by Mountain Trike USA
The ultimate and best trike ride experience, this trike is the most stable, sturdy, versatile, quality, and coolest off-road trike ever made. Built with quality components and parts to last a lifetime. Use it for therapy, exercise, transportation, at work, golfing, camping, and anywhere else you can think of! This trike is an excellent choice for riders of all levels and ages.
- Powerful 900 watts continuous 1200 watts max. front motor
- High Quality 12 Cell Lithium-Ion Battery, Controller, and Charger
- Front suspension fat forks with lockout, 100mm travel
- Sturmey archer 3 speed with coaster brake
- Suspension seat post and cloud 9 saddle
- Superior off road capabilities
- Up to 25 miles an hour
- 10 to 15 miles per charge without pedaling! (20 and more with assist pedal)
- Adjustable for ages 8 to 80 to ride with stability and ease.
- Lifetime guarantee on any defective parts and frame
- Available in red,d blue, orange, and metal flake mint
- Starting at $2800
Have a question for the MBA crew? You can send your brain busters to
THERE ARE SO MANY WAYS TO GET MOUNTAIN BIKE ACTION
Mountain Bike Action is a monthly magazine devoted to all things mountain biking (yes, that’s 12 times a year because we never take a month off of mountain biking). It has been around since 1986 and we’re still having fun.
Start a subscription by clicking here or calling (800) 767-0345.