COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP MONEY AVAILABLE FOR NICA STUDENTS
College scholarships are now available for NICA high school students who want to enter the bike industry
The BIEA NICA Bicycle Technician Scholarship will recognize and support two graduating NICA student-athletes from the Class of 2022 who are seeking to pursue a rewarding professional career in the bicycle industry. It will provide an accredited, educational foundation for their entry into the industry.
Through this scholarship, recipients will receive financial assistance and an opportunity to attend the BIEA-accredited programs at either the Minneapolis Community Technical College or the Northwest Arkansas Community College. These programs both will prepare students for immediate employment in technical positions in the bicycle industry with the skills required to assemble and maintain all types and brands of new bicycles. Students will also learn the daily and seasonal operations of service departments.
The BIEA NICA Bicycle Technician Scholarship will provide $6,000 to attend the BIEA-accredited program.
Female student-athletes and people of color who are eager to enter the bicycle industry are strongly encouraged to apply.
Criteria to apply:
- Applicants must be in their senior year of high school and graduate with the Class of 2022.
- Applicants must be registered NICA student-athletes for their fall 2021 or spring 2022 NICA league season.
- Applicants must determine if space is available in their program of choice before applying for this scholarship.
- Scholarship awards will be contingent on being accepted into the program.
- Scholarship applications will be accepted from November 1, 2021 to February 1, 2022.
- Scholarship recipients will be selected and notified by February 28, 2022.
- Scholarship recipients must commit to using the scholarship by April 1, 2022.
More information about the BIEA-accredited programs, including how to register and deadlines to apply:
For full application criteria and to apply, click here.
For questions, please contact Eric Breit, Development Director, at 510.524.5464 Ext. 707 or [email protected].