FIRST LOOK: REVEL’S ALL-NEW RW30 WHEELS – REIMAGINED RECYCLABLE RIMS
Revel has just reimagined their recyclable RW30 rims to handle Trail and Enduro abuse.
REVEL’S ALL-NEW RW30 RIMS AND WHEELSET
In 2020, Revel introduced their original FUSIONFIBER RW30 rims as recyclable rims made in Utah. This latest release takes what they learned from those previous wheels and redesigns them to increase strength, fine-tune the layup, and update the aesthetics.
FEATURES AND TECH
These rims are designed to be stronger where it matters while keeping the dampened and predictable feel the RW30 wheels are known for. There’s extra material around the 28 spoke holes to help strengthen the spoke-rim interface with a little less material between the spokes to help keep weight down and help with rim performance. They’ve also increased the width of the bead wall (hook) to achieve a claimed 23% increase in impact resistance which means more force is required before any damage is seen. The internal rim width is 30mm with an external rim width of 38mm.
Details and Key Features:
- NEW rim dimensions and profile for improved durability while maintaining the excellent ride quality the RW30 and FUSIONFIBER® are known for
- 485g rim weight. 1,850g complete wheelset weight *(from configuration listed above)
- 30mm internal width. 38mm external width
- 4mm bead wall (hook) thickness offers greater durability than before
- Symmetrical angled spoke hole drilling
- Lifetime Warranty and Crash Replacement
Revel says these wheels are best suited for use on bikes with between 130mm and 160mm of suspension travel with ideal tire widths between 2.3″ and 2.6″. They’ve also utilized a new surface finish which they claim gives each rim a subdued and stealthy look while showing off the FUSIONFIBER layup. Each rim comes out of the mold with its final finish to cut out post-processing or finish work.
The rims and wheelsets are only available in 29″ configurations and can be bought either as the rims only or as a complete build using Sapim D-Light spokes and Brass Nipples on Industry Nine Hydra hubs with either SRAM XD or Shimano Microspline freehub bodies.
- 29” 28h rim only – MSRP: $799
- 29” 28h Complete wheelset – MSRP: $2199
- Includes Sapim MG washers, tubeless tape, and valve
- Industry Nine Hydra 15×110/12×148 6-bolt hubs (SRAM XD or Shimano MS)
- Sapim D-Light spokes and Double Square brass nipples
- Tubeless tape and valve installed
Complete Wheel Build Details:
- Sapim MG nipple washers are required for builds and come included with each rim
- ERD 592mm (including required MG nipple washer)
- Brass/spherical head nipples only. Compatible nipples are:
- Sapim Double Square or Polyax
- DT Swiss Squorx or Pro Head
- Spoke Lengths (Industry Nine Hydra Boost): Front & Rear: Non-Drive Side (L): 292mm. Drive Side (R): 294mm