- Type: XC race/marathon
- Lightweight: (LUX CF SLX (SIZE M) – 1662grams, LUX CF SL (SIZE M) – 1852grams.
- Familiar: Canyon designed the all-new Lux with an identical fit and geometry to their Exceed XC hardtail.
- Canyon gave the new Lux 100mm of travel and a horizontally mounted shock. This design allowed Canyon to lower the leverage ratio of their four-bar linkage system. Canyon then added a 210×55 metric sized shock, allowing for lower pressures and lighter suspension tunes.
- The Lux is a true marathon race bike with the ability to carry two large 27fl oz water bottles when using a side-loader water cage mount. This was just another benefit of the new flat shock design.
- The rear triangle consists of a Flex Pivot design. Canyon increased the efficiency of the Flex Pivot by using a flat mount brake, which only attaches to the chainstays, leaving the seat stays free to flex.
- A low-density chainstay protector was added to helps silent chain slap.
- Canyon’s Quickie axles give riders a simple tool-free solution for removing the back wheel. The Quickie axle features a foldaway handle that helps give the LUX its clean lines.
- Impact Protection Unit is another well known Canyon technology which can be found on the all-new LUX.
- Canyon designed a minimalist chain guide and stated that the new bike is 1x specific. Not allowing the use of a front derailleur, gave Canyon plenty of room to increase the lower pivot bearings for added stiffness and a smoother action. All models come with a 34-tooth front chainring.
- Remote lock-outs can be found on both the fork and shock across all models.
- LUX models with SRAM drivetrains feature a Grip shifter.
- New Shimano XTR 12-speed is available on high-end models.
- Fork: Two fork travel options are available to better suit true XC racers and adventure riders. The LUX CF SLX features 100mm travel fork, while the LUX CF SL features 110mm of travel. This additional travel slackens the head tube angle by an extra half degree.
- Shock: A custom made shock was designed for the LUX to make the rebound lever easier to access and to give the remote lock-out cable a more clean look.
- Head tube angle: CF SLX (70-degrees), CF SL (69.5-degrees)
- Reach: The new Lux has a 20mm longer reach than its predecessor and features an 80mm stem across all frame sizes.
- Chainstays: Greatly reduced chain stay lengths from 450mm down to 430mm give the new Lux a more snappy feel.
US Models and Pricing:
Lux CF SLX 9.0 Race Team $6500
Lux CF SLX 9.0 Pro Race $6000
Lux CF SL 8.0 Pro Race $4299
Lux CF SL 6.0 Pro Race $3000
Lux CF SLX Frameset $2999