Throwback Thursday: Inside the Pros’ Bikes – Emily Batty, 2017
INSIDE THE PROS’ BIKES
1. Frame: Emily has two bikes that she races. One is her soft-tail Trek Procal Carbon with 100mm front travel. The other is her Trek Top Fuel Carbon with 100mm front and rear travel “I love both bikes. I tend to race the Procal more often and the Top Fuel less often. They are both a blast to train on and really push the limits on. There is no better feeling than pushing the limit of an XC bike.”
2. Fork: Fox Stepcast 32, 55 psi with IRD lockout.
“The new Fox technology has gotten so good—100 millimeters of travel and the bike is compliant to small and big hits. Damping technology has come so far in such a short time.”
3. Tires: Bontrager XR1 2.2 front and rear.
“All the new Bontrager TLR tires are very puncture-resistant and stand the test of wear and tear.”
4. Inner tubes or tubeless system: Tubeless with Bontrager tire sealant.
5. Rims: New Bontrager XXX Kovee wheels.
“Incredibly light, stiff and wide. Tires set up so well, and we abuse the heck out of them for a carbon wheel.”
6. Spokes: DT Aerolite.
7. Front hub: DT Swiss 240.
8. Rear hub: DT Swiss 240.
9. Brakes: Shimano XTR race brakes with ICE rotors 160mm front and 140mm rear.
10. Handlebar: Bontrager XXX, 660 millimeters wide.
11. Bottom bracket: Shimano PF92.
12. Grips: ESI.
13. Cranks: Shimano XTR, 170mm.
14. Chainring: WolfTooth Components with MRP chainguide, 34 or 36-tooth depending on the course.
15. Pedals: Shimano XTR.
16. Chain: Shimano XTR.
“We race on new chains, and our training bikes have the chains replaced bi-annually.”
17. Rear derailleur: Shimano XTR Di2.
18. Front derailleur: None.
“We race a single-ring setup.”
19. Shifters: Shimano XTR, Di2, 11-speed.
20. Brake levers: Shimano XTR.
21. Rear cassette: Shimano XTR 11-speed.
Emily will often use the XT wide-range cassette, which is 11-46, otherwise she is using XTR, which is 11-40.
22. Saddle: Bontrager Paradigm.
23. Seatpost: Bontrager XXX.
24. Cables and housings: Shimano XTR.
25. Headset: Cane Creek.
26. Water-bottle cage: Bontrager RXL carbon.
27. Shock: Fox Float with IRD lock- out technology and Fox Factory tune.
28. Stem: Bontrager RXL, 90mm, -17 degrees.
29. Special touches: Titanium bolts throughout the bikes and ceramic bearings in most cases.
30. Extras: Garmin computers.
31. Head angle: 69.5 degrees.
Mountain Bike Action is a monthly magazine devoted to all things mountain biking (yes, that’s 12 times a year because we never take a month off of mountain biking). It has been around since 1986 and we’re still having fun.
Call us at (800) 767-0345