MARZOCCHI Z1 COIL FORK
Information provided by Marzocchi
As terrain and riding styles have gotten rowdier and rowdier, and bikes have gotten more and more capable, the need for bomber suspension that feels buttery and bottomless has never been greater. The industry has fondly embraced recent trends towards coil-sprung rear shocks yet none of the major players have stepped forth with a complete coil fork system. Up until now, that is.
Riders have been asking for it, Marzocchi heard the call and has proudly delivered. The new Z1 Coil builds on the legacy of the single crown fork that started the revolution all the way back in the ‘90s – the O.G. Bomber Z1 Coil. The new Bomber Z1 Coil delivers the same no-nonsense, super dependable, great feeling suspension that riders have come to expect from Marzocchi over the years.
Starting with the stout and proven 36mm chassis of the modern-day Bomber Z1, the new Z1 Coil retains the renowned and simple to dial-in Grip damper but swaps out the air spring assembly for the most advanced coil spring system Marzocchi has ever made. At the heart of this new coil system is an ultra-lightweight tempered silicon-chromium steel spring (available in 4 spring rates to suit a wide range of riders); coupled with a noise management system for near-silent performance; an integrated air assist for progression and bottom-out control; and an external preload adjuster to dial in sag and firmness off the top. Travel can easily be changed in 10mm increments from 150-180mm (depending on wheel size) via included, reconfigurable internal spacers.
• Light-weight Tempered Silicon-Chromium steel spring
• Air Assist for progressivity / bottom-out control
• Spring preload easily adjustable via top cap
• Noise management system for quiet performance
• Chassis: 36 mm
• Travel: 150 (29 only), 160, 170, 180 (27.5 only)
• Wheel: 27.5 or 29
• Axle: 15QRx110
• Damping: GRIP (compression + rebound)
• Spring: Tempered Silicon-Chromium Steel
• Steerer: 1.5 Tapered Aluminum
• Stanchions: Ø36 mm Black Anodized
• Rake: 37 (27.5 only), 44, 51 (29 only)
• Color: Matte Black or Gloss Red
• Starting Weight Complete Fork: 2,525 g
• MSRP Z1 Coil fork: $749 USD
• MSRP Conversion Kit w/o coil spring (Plunger Kit): $130 USD
• MSRP Coil Spring: $45 USD
THERE ARE SO MANY WAYS TO GET MOUNTAIN BIKE ACTION
Mountain Bike Action is a monthly magazine devoted to all things mountain biking (yes, that’s 12 times a year because we never take a month off of mountain biking). It has been around since 1986 and we’re still having fun. Start a subscription by clicking here or calling (800) 767-0345.