At home with Vali Höll in beautiful Austria for another relaxing day of yoga, chill time, and her daily sauna routine all in the A3 Helmet. It’s so comfortable you’ll never want to take it off.
THE A-SERIES HISTORY
The team at Troy Lee Designs is not new to creating the cutting edge of helmets on the market. TLD’s first half-shell trail helmet called the A1 launch in 2013 was a huge success of style and protection for action sports. Fast forward 4 years later, the A2 was launched. This was the first MTB helmet to offer high and low-speed energy management protection with EPS and EPP foam. Both the A2 and A1 are still in the lineup they have a new sibling to the lineup so riders can choose from a wide range of features, benefits, and price points.
THE ALL-NEW A3 HELMET
The all-new A3 is said to be, “so comfortable that you’ll never take it off.” Packed with features like patent-pending innovations in safety, ventilation to keep a rider cool, and a 5-star safety score from Virginia Tech’s Safety Lab. The A3 has more protection and coverage so that this helmet can be ideal for all types of riding. We have yet to get our hands on one for testing, but we are looking forward to seeing how it compares with their A1 and A2 in terms of comfort.
• ADVANCED LAYERING 3 PIECE SHELL
• ENERGY MANAGEMENT EPP-LO SPEED / EPS-HI SPEED
• MIPS® INJECTION MOLDED 360° BRAIN PROTECTION SYSTEM
• ALL-NEW TLD SWEAT GLIDE SYSTEM DIRECTS SWEAT AWAY FROM THE
EYES AND OPTICS. TWO ADDITIONAL SPARE INCLUDED
• IONIC® COMFORT LINER PADDING, ANTIMICROBIAL AND QUICK DRY
• TLD MICRO ADJUST 360° FIT SYSTEM, ALL NEW RETENTION STABILIZER
• 3-WAY MAGNAJUST® VISOR FOR QUICK ADJUSTMENT WITH GOGGLES
• CUSTOM 3D FIDLOCK® MAGNETIC BUCKLE
XS/S: 53 – 56 cm
M/L: 57 – 59 cm
XL/XXL: 60 – 63 cm
AVAILABLE AT: TROYLEEDESIGNS.COM/A3
Mountain Bike Action is a monthly magazine devoted to all things mountain biking (yes, that’s 12 times a year because we never take a month off of mountain biking). It has been around since 1986 and we’re still having fun.