Nukeproof Mega 290 WORX Bike
Nukeproof Mega 290 WORX Bike
For 2019 we applied the WORX philosophy to our Mega 290 to produce the biggest travel, hardest hitting Mega 290 we have ever produced.
Taking cues from our original 2012 Mega, the WORX 290 has a beautiful brushed aluminium finish and Ltd edition red graphics. Using our partnership with our Enduro World Series winning team sponsors, we have kitted the Mega 290 WORX with the latest Sram/ Rockshox/ MRP/ Michelin components. The Mega 290 WORX combines Rockshox latest Lyrik Ultimate Charger 2 RC forks with increased travel to 170mm of travel (standard Mega 290 160mm) with 150mm of travel from Rockshox’s all new custom tuned Super Deluxe Ultimate Coil shock.
Drivetrain is providing by Sram’s premium Eagle X01 12 speed with Descendant Carbon cranks. Stopping power from the awesome Sram Code R brakes. Rolling on DT Swiss EX 1501 wheels wrapped in the Michelin Wild Enduro rubber. The WORX is finished using Nukeproof premium HZN components, including carbon HZN bars and select red HZN products to give that finishing touch.
We let king of all things old school, CRC-Mavic team manager loose with WORX in Madeira for the latest Enduro World Series (Unfortunately an incident with a car on a transition took him out of the race). *please note Nigel bike is fitted with None stock wheels and tyres.
The Mega 290 WORX is limited to 50 units worldwide, on sale and in store early June 2019.
- Frame: Nukeproof Mega 290, Triple butted hydroformed Aluminium, brushed finish
- Fork: Rockshox Lyrik Ultimate Charger 2 RC 170mm, 51mm offset, debonair, Boxxer red
- Shock: Rockshox Super Deluxe Ultimate RCT coil, ml1 custom tune, 210x55mm (medium=400lbs spring/large=450lbs spring/xl=500lbs spring red coil spring)
- Front wheel: DT Swiss EX 1501 spline one, 29”, 15x110mm
- Rear wheel: DT Swiss EX 1501 spline one, 29”, xd, 148x12mm
- Tyres: Michelin Wild Enduro 29” x 2.4, gum -x ts tlr
- Crankset: Sram Descendant carbon eagle 12-speed, 170mm, 30t, b148, dub
- Shifter: Sram xo1 eagle 12-speed red
- Rear deraileur: Sram xo1 eagle 12-speed red
- Chain: Sram GX eagle 12-speed
- Cassette: Sram CS XG 1295 eagle 12-speed, 10-50t
- Chain guide: MRP AMG v2, 26-32t, iscg-05, black
- Brakes: Sram Code R with sintered pads
- Front rotor: Sram centreline, 200mm
- Rear rotor: Sram centreline, 180mm
- Handlebars: Nukeproof Horizon carbon 800mm, 25mm
- Stem: Nukeproof Horizon 50mm, Black
- SRP: £4499-$5,806.59
Available to order through select Nukeproof dealers now, in-store Early June 2019
THERE ARE SO MANY WAYS TO GET MOUNTAIN BIKE ACTION
Mountain Bike Action is a monthly magazine devoted to all things mountain biking (yes, that’s 12 times a year because we never take a month off of mountain biking). It has been around since 1986 and we’re still having fun. Start a subscription by clicking here or calling (800) 767-0345.
Contact us via email at [email protected]