Santa Cruz Announces 2019 5010
The 5010 is the most fun you can have on two off-road wheels and Danny MacAskill’s wee bike of choice. Turning trails into pump tracks and logs into launches this bike begs to spend as much time above the ground as on it.
● 130mm VPP® rear travel
– Upper-link mounted shock
– It’s still VPP®- two short, counter-rotating links that connect the front and rear triangle to make a stout frame. Easy serviceable, reliable, lifetime bearing replacement
– VPP®is a versatile design that allows us to finetune suspension to suit the character of any model of bicycle, from XC to downhill, and everything in-between. The upper- and lower-link VPP gives us even more options when designing the suspension to suit the intended purpose of a bicycle.
● 27.5-inch wheels
– The fun-sized wheel size
– Frame clearance up to 2.8-inch tires
– 2.6-inch tire option available as a kit (Reserve 37 wheel)
– 2.6-inch tires provide extra volume compared to traditional tires (2.1-2.5-inch) to get the benefits of fatter (Plus) tires but with the precision of smaller volume tires – less squirm.
– Santa Cruz Reserve 27 and Reserve 37 carbon wheel option on S-kit and above
– Lifetime guarantee on Reserve wheels
– All wheels (both aluminum and carbon Reserve built by us, in Santa Cruz, CA)
● Available in CC, C carbon, and aluminum – from XS to XL
– Lifetime warranty on all frames
● Spec general:
– 180mm rotors
– Piggyback shock (metric) on S-kit and above
– 2.3-inch rear tire (Maxxis DHR) instead of semi-slick
– FOX suspension.
– Dropper with internal routing
– Reserve wheel option offered on S-kit now
– Two color choices on all levels/materials: Purple and Matte Carbon
– Dual uprights on rear triangle (stiff, stout, evenly distributes forces going through frame/suspension)
– Internal cables (fully channeled on front triangle, guided on rear)
– Threaded BB
– Two bottle cage mounts
– Flip chip for optimizing geo for bigger tires (2.6-inch>) for the most part but can be used to tune to rider’s needs
– Reach grows by 15mm
– Slacker by 0.5 degrees (in hi) or 0.8 degrees (in lo) than previous 5010- 66.2-degree head angle in ‘Low’ setting, 66.5-degree in ‘High’
– Flip chip in link changes bottom bracket height 4mm
– 75-degree seat angle