Santa Cruz’s New Solo 27.5-Inch Trailbike
From Santa Cruz:
Solo pushes further into the realms of 27.5″ possibilities. Developed using what we learned from Bronson, it takes the design platform in a different direction.
The low bottom bracket height, shorter chainstays and 125mm of progressive VPP suspension give Solo its snappy, nimble, ride.
A 68 degree head angle adds climbing agility into the equation, whilst a 5lb carbon frame weight define Solo as the tool for that back country mission you’ve always planned.
Santa Cruz Solo C in Gloss orange and white. Complete models with the Solo Carbon frame begin at $4200, though if you want a build like this one it’ll cost you just under $10,000.
Solo C Specs:
125mm travel VPPTMsuspension. 27.5″ wheels
Sizes: S, M, L, XL
Carbon: Gloss Orange or Matte Carbon
Aluminum: Gloss Orange or Gloss White
-12 ENVE decal choices
Standard: 32 Float 130 CTD Evolution
Upgrade: 32 Float 130 CTD Adjust Kashima
Standard: Custom tuned Fox Float CTD Evolution
Upgrade: Custom tuned Float CTD Adjust Boost Valve Kashima Total frame weight:
– 5.06 lb (for size M, carbon)
– 142 mm rear axle spacing
– 2 ? bottle cage mounts
– Forged upper and lower links Double-sealed pivots with grease ports for low maintenance
– Collet axle pivots and angular contact bearings maximize stiffness
– Standard or direct mount rear derailleur hanger option ISCG-05 tabs for chain guide compatibility.
– Stealth and external seatpost cable routing.
– 73mm threaded BB: creak-free riding and easy installation Molded rubber frame protection
Solo C in Grey/Green
Like the Bronson, the Solo is also available in aluminum frame options with build kits starting at $3300.
For more information, check out Santa Cruz Bicycles here.